IPWhoIs: A Fast IP Geolocation API
Geolocation features are a growing element in website and app design, providing a more robust user experience.
IPWhoIs is a geolocation API that can help you deliver the right content to the right users by determining their location.
The API makes it easy for you to add this feature and create more relevant and customized options for website visitors. Here’s a look at the tool and how you can make it work for you.
What is IPWhoIs?
IPWhoIs is an IP geolocation API that can help you personalize content based on location. http://ipwhois.io/
Location-based tool are important in today’s website landscape because more people expect personalized experiences. This can include anything from using a geolocation API to determine the right language, time, currency, advertising targets, and more for each person that lands on your website. A location API can even help prevent fraud for e-commerce by matching the user location to the billing and shipping address provided at checkout.
Use IPWhoIs to filter traffic customize content, display full country names, help auto-complete forms, and complete plenty of other tasks based on your website needs.
IP data from this service is updated in real-time thanks to a multi-channel integration structure including RIPE, APNIC, ARIN, AFRINIC, and others with average server response times of 90 milliseconds in most of the world.
IPWhoIs works by determining IP address by sending a GET request and processing it.
IPWhoIs offers free and commercial plans so that it can be scaled to fit your exact website specifications and needs.
IPWhoIs can help you add functionality and usability to your website design, regardless of platform. Plus, it’s easy to integrate.
Other key features include:
- No configuration of IP libraries
- Location personalization
- Time zone personalization with offset from UTC and summer time
- Currency personalization to help increase conversion rates for sales
- Deliver results in JSON, XML, or Newline formats
- No user blocks, such as pop-up windows
- No special skills needed for installation
- Plenty of documentation to help you through configuration options
- No updating required after everything is set up
- Exact data delivery using a self-learning neural network
- Multilingual response options, including English, Russian, German, Japanese, Chinese, French, Spanish, and Portuguese
- No access tokens needed for the free plan
- Top-notch security with 256-bit SSL encryption vis HTTPS
IPWhoIs offers three tiers of pricing, plus a free plan, so that there’s an option for every website use and size. https://ipwhois.io/pricing
Pricing plans include:
- Free: For personal use or testing for up to 10,000 requests per month
- Pro ($10.99 per month): Includes 250,000 requests per month, SSL access, geo DNS, fast anycast-enabled servers, and technical support
- Business ($29.99 per month): Includes 2 million requests per month, SSL access, geo DNS, fast anycast-enabled servers, and technical support
- Platinum ($79.99 per month): Includes 10 million requests per month, SSL access, geo DNS, fast anycast-enabled servers, and technical support
All plans include automatic renewal but you can upgrade, downgrade, or cancel at any time.
IPWhoIs is a solid IP geolocation API with plenty of practical application. If you are looking for a location service option, it’s worth a try. (Plus, anyone can test it for free.)
Geolocation services are rapidly becoming a must-have website feature and this tool can help you provide the personalization that users expect. It’s already used by developers around the globe and an easy option for your website needs. Learn more and test it out today to see what IPWhoIs can do for your projects.