Simplify Scraping Jobs With Scrapestack API
There are plenty of scenarios where you need to scrape and collect data from across the web. An API can take a lot of the work out of this chore for you so that you don’t have to handle it (with IP blocks, CAPTCHAs, and a huge amount of manual work on your own).
scrapestack is an API solution that can scrape webpages around the world in the blink of an eye, to power information on your website, database, research project, or product.
Here’s a look at how to use this tool and how to make it work for you.
What Is scrapestack?
You won’t have to deal with proxies, IP blocks, geo-targeting, or CAPTCHA solving because the API handles everything for you.
The API uses standard (data center) and premium (residential) proxies.
Standard proxies are not owned by any ISP and simply mask an origin IP address by showing a datacenter proxy address and the information associated with the company that owns the respective datacenter.
Premium proxies are connected to real residential addresses and devices, which makes them much less likely to get blocked while scraping the web. Residential proxies are recommended for web scraping when possible because they make it easy to work around geo-blocked content and harvest data at scale.
scrapestack is a REST API and is scalable, so any website from a simple blog to a major enterprise can benefit from using it, and it will continue to work.
The API is used by more than 2,000 companies around the world and the first version has been around since 2014. scrapestack is built and maintained by apilayer, the company behind some of the most popular developer tools, SaaS products, and APIs currently on the market — including ipstack, eversign, invoicely and more, making it a tool you can trust.
Who Should Use It?
scrapestack has a practical application for a lot of different websites. It’s accessible to website owners and companies of any size because it is free and open source.
Use this tool to:
- Scrape rankings on Google or YouTube
- Parse data and results from TripAdviser or Booking.com
- Scrape reviews or listings from Amazon to your website
The key commonality between these uses is that scrapestack helps turn web pages into actionable data that you can use. The API already handles more than 1 billion requests per month.
scrapestack works; that’s why more than 2,000 companies are already using it. Once you install the tool – there’s plenty of documentation to help – you’ll be able to parse data for a variety of sources.
Other key features include:
- 99.9 percent average uptime
- Millions of proxies and IPs around the world
- Pool includes global internet service providers, supporting real devices
- Uses smart retries and IP rotation for data requests
- More than 100 global locations to send your web scraping API requests
- Free and premium options to customize the API request level you need (and no credit card is needed)
- Easy to use and just takes 5 minutes (and a few lines of code) to integrate into your website
- Scalable service that can grow with your website or business
scrapestack is free to use up to a certain level of monthly requests. The free plan allows for up to 10,000 requests per month with standard proxies and comes with limited support.
scrapestack offers paid plans for heavier volume users.
- Professional ($79.99 per month): Includes everything in basic plus 1 million requests month and premium proxies.
- Business ($149.99 per month): Includes everything in professional plus 3 million requests per month.
- Enterprise-level customers should contact the company for custom pricing and details.
The company also offers discounts for yearly versus monthly billing. (You can save up to 20 percent.)
The scrapestack API simplifies web scraping jobs. It’s easy to install and free to start using.
So why not give it a try? There’s plenty of documentation to help you get started and figure out what makes this the top solution for all of your web scraping needs. Try scrapestack today.
Our thanks to scrapestack for sponsoring this post, and helping to support Design Shack.