Silverback is a new app which lets you run your own usability tests really easily. It looks set to be a great new tool for designers who want to analyze how users interact with their site. After a recent request for beta testers, a few interesting details are emerging.
Get unlimited downloads of 2 million+ design resources, themes, templates, photos, graphics and more. Envato Elements starts at $16 per month, and is the best creative subscription we've ever seen.
Logos, Print & Mockups
Landing Pages & Email
Sans Serif, Script & More
Shopify, Tumblr & More
Icons, Vectors & More
PowerPoint & Keynote
- Read Kyle Meyer’s initial impressions
- Quicktime movies are created which show the user’s interaction with the site
- A video and audio recording is also taken of the user, showing their expressions and remarks
- It can also be used for testing desktop applications
- It’s Mac only for now, likely due to the standard hardware features of Apple laptops
It’s certainly an application which could bring the idea of usability testing to a large market. There’s no substitute to actually watching someone using your website when testing it. Keep your eyes peeled for a release and give it a try for yourself.